Two appetizers I love in one dish – edamame and guacamole. This guacamole still has the incredible taste of avocado and is even brighter and creamier, which makes for a beautiful presentation. This guacamole is full of protein, heart healthy fat, and fiber. It’s also slightly healthier since you can eat just as much with a little less calories from the avocado. We had it with blue tortilla chips, but I would venture to say that it’s pretty awesome with cut up vegetables or as a spread on a sandwich.
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalepeno, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 large limes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Put edamame, avocado, cilantro, garlic, onion, jalapeno, and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined. Transfer edamame guacamole to a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir. Serve with chips.