*adapted from PaleOMG*
OMG. This recipe has to be the best paleo dessert I’ve made to date. I get that “paleo desserts” aren’t exactly paleo – they can promote bad habits and are in all truth, not any good for you. This recipe is not a healthier version of fudge. Granted, it does omit some ingredients that are worse for you – flours, grains, etc., but it still has a significant amount of sugar, chocolate, and fat.
For me, it’s nice to be able to indulge every once in a while. Not to mention that I love baking and experimenting. I’m doing myself a disservice if I’m not trying new things in the kitchen. This recipe will not disappoint. It’s rich and super sweet so after two bites, I was satiated and happy as a clam. Enjoy!
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- a handful of dark chocolate chips
- extra sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut